Seared Scallops & Creamy Mash Recipe
Posted in: RECIPE
The juiciness of the scallops and the crispiness of the bacon really set the dish on fire. And you have your milky mashed potato to balance all of that. This savoury dish is one of Jamie Oliver’s classic Lunch or brunch recipes to try. See ingredients and method below:
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: Makes 6 Servings
- 60 g piece of thick smoked bacon
- 400 g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled
- 2 knobs of unsalted butter
- 75 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 6 scallops, shelled and trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ a lemon
- Olive oil
- A few sprigs of fresh sage
1. Cut the potatoes into quarters and place into a pot with cold water on top.
2. Add a pinch of salt to the water and cook on high heat for 20 minute or as long as it takes to make them tender.
3. Chop the bacon into ½ cm.
4. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
5. Once the potatoes are done, drain and rinse well.
6. Add them into the pan and add the milk to it.
7. Add butter and the seasoning.
8. Mash the potatoes and create a smooth paste.
9. In a nonstick pan heat the olive oil and fry the bacon for 2 minutes.
10. Add the safe and fry for 1 minute. Toss the sage and the bacon in one side of the pan.
11. Add in the scallops and fry them for 2 minutes.
12. Take off the heat and squeeze lemon juice on top.
13. Cook for another minute.
14. Now serve the mashed potato with the scallops and bacon mix.
Image via LifestyleFood.com
Written by MYC Writer Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles