Summer Rolls with Chilli Lime Dipping Sauce
Posted in: READ ALL FOOD
When summer rolls are served with tangy and spicy sauce, it becomes rather difficult to resist the temptation. The assembly itself soothes the eyes- with the red and yellow of the pepper, contrasting with the whiteness of the cracker! The creamy avocado is another nutritional ingredient to make you go gaga for this dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yields: Makes 6 Servings
- 12 × 5 inch Round Rice Paper Wrappers
- Cucumber, peeled and cut into 12 strips
- ½ Red Bell Pepper, cut into 24 strips
- ½ Hass Avocado, cut into 12 strips
- 2 cups Alfalfa sprouts
- 4 oz Rice Vermicelli
- ½ Yellow Pepper, cut into 24 strips
- 6 large Basil leaves, thinly sliced
To make the sauce:
- 2 tbsp fresh Lime juice
- 1 small red Chili, minced
- 2 tbsp Asian Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
1. In a bowl combine the fish sauce with water, lime juice, chilli and sugar.
2. Pour the mixture into a pan and bring it to a boil.
3. Throw in the vermicelli and cook for just 5 minutes. Drain.
4. Place in a plain clean surface.
5. Spread vermicelli following by bell pepper.
6. Add the avocado, cucumber and alfalfa sprouts on top.
7. Add the basil and then wrap the wrapper gently.
8. Make sure the end corners are sealed properly.
9. Cut the wrappers into half.
10. Combine all the ingredients of the sauce into a bowl and serve with the wrappers.
Image: SheKnows.com | MYC Writer: Romana S.Subscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles