Top 7 European Destinations to Visit
Posted in: TRAVEL
For the adventurer in you, why not book tickets on a budget airline and fly to other European countries or better yet hop on that train and go to your dream destination? Immerse yourself in a country’s culture, see things in a different way and take hundreds of photos of the places and people you’ve met and come back home with your wonderful stories. To make your life a bit easier, here is a list of the top 7 European destinations you should be crossing out of your bucket list:
1. Fall in love with the country life in Ireland. As Charles Haughey aptly puts it, “Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.” You could find countless of things to love about Ireland but you will never ever find one reason to despise it. A European destination known for its scenic country side, Ireland is the place to be if you want some peace and quite but don’t let its tranquil backdrop fool you as it can also be your liquor paradise if you permit yourself to go on happy hours. Go out and explore nature at Wicklow Mountains National Park or head to Dun Aonghasa and be swept away by its beauty as you stand at the end of its cliff.
2. Marvel at the Gullfoss Waterfall in Iceland. If you don’t have the budget to go to South America and see the Iguazu or Victoria Falls, why not chase a magnificent waterfall in Iceland? The Gullfoss Waterfall is as breathtaking as its South American counterparts with its mighty and powerful cascades. Take as many photos as you can and bring them back home so that your family and friends will have an idea of how beautiful the Gullfoss waterfall is.
3. Take a hot air balloon ride at Cappadocia, Turkey. Though you might fancy taking a magic carpet ride with your Aladdin or Jasmine, why not schedule a hot air balloon ride at Cappadocia, Turkey, which is the closest thing to touching the clouds? Look forward to exploring new horizons with the beautiful fairy chimneys as your backdrop and you’ll surely fall in love with Turkey. After that magical hot air balloon ride, there are still other activities to try while you’re in this mystic place. For the adventurous, hiking the valleys of Cappadocia is such a thrilling experience while history buffs will love the idea of exploring the underground city of Derinkuyu which was used by the early Christians to escape persecution from the Muslims.
4. White water rafting at Tara River and Canyon at Montenegro. Prepare to be wet and wild at this water activity that will give you the needed adrenaline rush at Montenegro. Though not known to many, Montenegro is a European country that is filled with countless outdoor activities that you could try especially during the summer and white water rafting is no exception. Release the daredevil in you and challenge the treacherous rapids at Tara river. However, remember to fasten your life jacket and wear a helmet to avoid any unnecessary accident.
5. Take a dip at Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia Convene and be one with nature at Plitvice Lakes National Park. A stunning natural landscape, this Croatian gem is hidden and tucked from the Bosnian border. Upon entering this national park, one might feel like he has been transported to Alice’s Wonderland with its rich lush forests, zigzag pathways and jaw-dropping waterfalls. Your wonder with this world might heighten upon visiting this Croatian getaway so better plan that trip!
6. Party at Ibiza, Spain. Leave your worries away and fly to Spain to experience the most notorious night life in Ibiza. As the song goes, “So what we get drunk, so what we smoke weed. We’re just having fun, we don’t care who sees. So what we go out, that’s how it’s supposed to be, living young and wild and free.” You’re only young once, so why not experience the Balearic’s best kept secret?
7. Go skinny dipping in Sardinia, Italy. There’s nothing more rewarding than getting naked at the beach on a hot summer day and you can do this by skinny-dipping in Sardinia. Dubbed as Italy’s ultimate summer destination, Sardinia has everything in store for you. With its glorious coves and white sand beaches, Sardinia is your own version of heaven on earth. Just relax and let time slip away as you enjoy your stay in this tropical paradise.
Image: Pixabay.com | MYC Contributor: Jessa Ann Z. GomezSubscribe to UpdatesRelated Articles